Sequoia Blodgett founder of 7AM shared insights to her business and also gave tips for those who are stuck and can’t find their passion (or don’t know where to start to make money out of it). Take notes!
Full of Wanderlust?
Join Us – GoWonder Family
– Who inspired you to start your start-up?
Tony Robbins. I discovered him and started listening to him everyday until I became obsessed with him.
Also I would wake up and go to sleep to him. I downloaded all of his content and put it into practice.
– What changed for you after hearing his content?
At one point in my life I moved to ATL and I wasn’t working and directing became super hard to book jobs. I followed his seven day program and within a month I had a job where I was bringing in 70,000K. From there I kept listening. I got sick in May of 2014 and decided that I wanted to help other people with their personal development the way that he helped me. It felt like there was a younger generation that he wasn’t reaching. I started with relationships because they were the most challenging part of my life at the time and kept going from there.
– What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I found a co-founder, didn’t know they were called co-founders at the time, and started making YouTube videos,
– Tell us about your business! Give our readers the load down!
We are an personal development education platform. So basically you learn everything from us that school will never teach you.
– 3 hardest thing about running your own business?
1) Finding the right talent
2) Keeping up with demand
3) Learning how to functionally run a business that is actually a corporation.
– What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Partnering with influencers who already have a large audience.
– Tips to ladies who want to start their own business but don’t know where to begin?
You have to have something to bring to the table. Also I’m super transparent. Nothing to hide here.
– How do you stay motivated?
The people who I help. When customers write me and tell me how much I’ve helped them or how much my platform has helped them, it gets me excited to keep creating. I do become unmotivated at times though. It’s natural.
– Advice for women who are stuck and lost?
Figure out what you do well and turn that into your passion.
That’s all from Sequoia Blodgett. Any questions? Leave it in the comment box below! Can’t get enough of us? Follow for daily updates!
GOWONDER – WOMEN TRAVEL!
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF WOMEN TRAVELERS AND MEET MORE INSPIRING WOMEN HERE!